Well, I did take a zero day yesterday. I had a fever and a raging cold. Today I feel better, so the Catamount Motel drove another hiker and me to the trailhead and we began hiking by 9:00 AM. The plan is to only go 10 miles today.
The hike started with over a 2,000 foot elevation gain and before the hike was over, another 400 feet was added to that. With an extra day of rest, I did okay. The target shelter was reached by 3:00 PM, but I decided to continue to the next shelter, which I reached by 5:45 PM.
I'm pleased with my pace in light of the big elevation gain. If I can keep this up, I'll feel much better about the hike's progress.